"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, October 8, 2010

Thank You, Michele!

I am so fortunate to have many good friends. Everyone has been so supportive of me through this divorce and moving process.

There is one, though, who really stands out.

I would like to thank Michele. She is a truly amazing woman and has been so supportive and helpful to me!

She let me live at her house during the separation and divorce.

She helped me pack and move all my stuff to her house, where she is letting me store it until I can come back for it in November.

She went shopping with me and helped me pick out some kick a$$ clothes for the court appointment and job interviews.

She’s made me laugh, let me talk about my feelings and really helped keep me on an even keel through this whole process.

I can never, ever thank her enough. Ever. I am going to really miss her. I’m going to miss her hot tub too :) But mostly I’ll miss Michele.

 

A couple people have asked why I am moving to New York. The answer is simple. I am from there. I belong there. I have missed New York so much I cried nearly every day of the 9 years I lived in Illinois. I have amazing close friends there. It’s home. And I am SO looking forward to going home!

8 comments:

  1. It's always such an important role our close friends play, what a wonderful way to say thankyou. Wishing well in NY, and good luck with a new job :) Here's to the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is wishing you alot of luck and sometimes it is hard to understand how one can get along in this world without friends...glad you have a special one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are on your way home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done arranging everything so quickly! I hope you find happiness in NY <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that she was there to help you and steer you in the right direction. Much happiness in NY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going home. I've devoted my life as a Mom to 4 wonderful children. I want them to know that they can always "come home" if they need to. Sounds like you have a very nice "home" to go to filled with friends and family. Wishing you happiness there. You Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck in NY! I'm sorry I missed you before you left. It was so quick!
    I'll miss you and our quilting brainstorming and escapades. I hope you are really, really happy in NY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My nephew's wedding was in Rochester. I love it there but haven't been back for years since they now live in CT. Hope all goes well for you there.

    ReplyDelete