"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, May 20, 2011

Life Is Full (And Fun!)

Well, life continues to move at a lightning pace here at Maison de Jennie! My adult education class is wrapping up. I’m hopeful that I’ll be working soon (I’ve had several great interviews in the past week) and last but not least I’m starting another class on Monday!

From 1996 to 2002 I was a NYS Certified Emergency Medical Technician. I enjoy helping people and that was one way I could really get out and help people that really needed help. I am so excited to be taking the class again to get that certification back! The class starts on Monday and is 3 evenings a week til mid-August. I picked up my books today and have been eagerly reading them :)

Not much else. I have been decorating the walls of my home and it’s amazing the difference it makes! I am starting to feel like my apartment is “home” now, not “temporary stopping place”. I know I’ll probably be here for a few years while I work and go to school so feeling at home is nice.

And speaking of going to school, I am making plans to go to college starting in September. I plan to attend a local community college to get an Associate’s degree that will transfer to a local university to finish a Bachelor’s degree. I have chosen my major and I’m really excited about it! I will have to meet with a counselor to work out if I can actually do it and work full time, so I won’t say what it is just yet :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm a paramedic and I love my job! I couldn't think of a more fun and thrilling profession, good for you getting back into EMS! Happy EMS week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're settling in and what an exciting development on the school front! I've been really impressed with MCC since being in Rochester, it seems like they work really hard to make transfering credits and programs to 4-year schools fairly seamless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! I'm starting school full time for an Associates then a Bachelors in Accounting, I work full time & have 3 kids. You can certainly do it. My plan is to finish the associates in 12-18 months instead of two years and the bachelors in 12-18 after that, we'll see how that goes :)

    ReplyDelete