"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, September 11, 2009

One Sock...

This past Wednesday my dad had a cataract removed. He's a bit young for a cataract, but it was unquestionably there. I went up to Madison to help out and lend moral support. Everything went just perfect!

I also knitted! I made this sock from start to finish on 9/9/09- I wonder if it will be a lucky sock?

It's a bit big for me, and it's made from superwash wool, which means it's not going to shrink. I blocked it then put it on again last night so I could figure out where I need to make adjustments to the pattern so it fits me perfectly. I think I have those figured out, and I cast on another (not matching) sock last night. We'll see how it turns out before I knit mates for them!

I've got some errands to run this morning, and then the rest of the day will be dedicated to finishing up my DQS7 quilt and getting it mailed off to- ??? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment