"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Storms

Yesterday we had some storms move through. I was watching the clouds and when the gust front started coming through, I decided to take some pictures.

60312_472436529457_694029457_6836013_7856186_n

And I think this picture is pretty cool! The sky was very dark, darker than this shows.

But then….

I was taking a picture of a different angle and got this shot!

61165_472435674457_694029457_6836001_5702299_n

Check out the lightning bolt towards the right! This is my first ever lightning picture and while it’s not very good (hey, a Blackberry camera is only so good, you know?) I still love it!

Packing is proceeding very well and I predict that by next Wednesday I’ll have everything I’m taking out of the house. Everything is still amicable and the tedious stuff like bills and car titles has already been taken care of. It’s just a matter of waiting for the court date at this point, and I’m hoping that’s very soon. I want to get out to New York and get settled and start looking for a job as soon as possible!

Thank you all for your lovely comments and e-mails and cards! I just love you all and the support is very much felt, I assure you :)

5 comments:

  1. great photo of the lightening!!!! don't envy that packing stuff... ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were lucky -- I've been taking pictures for YEARS and don't have a lightening picture.
    I enjoy taking pictures of clouds, sunrises and sunsets, And naturally, my grandchildren.
    Packing is so hard but it sounds like you're ready to move on. Blessings to you...lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great catch with the lightening! Glad to hear the packing is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool to catch the lightning! Good luck with the rest of packing and moving. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is such a cool lightning shot...glad that all your packing and moving plans are going smoothly

    ReplyDelete