"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Still Alive….

My visit to Wisconsin was so much fun! Except for the weather, which was awful. So awful I couldn’t get to Illinois to visit Michele. Which I was super bummed about. But it was so awesome to see my parents and my sister!

I’ve been redoing my craft room so I can sew and scrapbook/stamp in it. I’m almost done with it- it’s been so nice to organize my fabric. I have all sorts of fun ideas!

Not much else. I’ve been going to school and hiking and eating sushi and reading. I like living in an urban setting. It’s nice to have a 5 minute walk to the grocery store. And the pharmacy. And about a dozen restaurants. And the Erie Canal :)

My trip to Maine is one week from TODAY!! I am so excited… and hoping the weather forecast changes. Sitting on the beach is going to be a bit less pleasant if it’s raining… :)

There’s been a lot of negative stuff in blogland lately about quilting and crafting and what the definition of “art” is and talking about “dumbing down” quilting. Seriously, people. We’re all just cutting fabric up and putting it back together again. Does it matter how complicated or simple the process is? Or what designer fabric collection we’re using? And for the record, I like Sherbet Pips. I think it’s darling and I only wish I could afford to buy more of it! :)

1 comment: