"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Sunday, October 16, 2011

An Autumn Day

Today I grabbed the new camera and went out exploring! It was lovely and clear this morning… I wish it was still like that now, but this is Rochester… :)

IMG_0133

I started very bright and early…

IMG_0135

I stopped up at my friend Wayne’s house to get a shot of the beautiful sunrise…

IMG_0158

Then I headed up to Harriet Hollister Spencer State Recreation Area to get some lovely photos of Honeoye Lake. The view from there is truly amazing. Even my new camera could not do it justice!

IMG_0156

It also has a great view of the city of Rochester, which is about 40 miles away. It was a great opportunity to try out the zoom lense!

IMG_0171

I got another (and much better!) photograph of the moon…

IMG_0253

And then I headed to my favorite place in all of New York- Taughannock Falls State Park! This place is breathtakingly beautiful. Here are the falls from a distance.

IMG_0200

And a little closer up…

IMG_0219

And a close up!

IMG_0241

In scanning around for other shots I found this lovely fall scene..

IMG_0263

Then I drove up and around to hike the upper rim trail at Taughannock Falls State Park.

IMG_0307

My last stop of the day was this delightful waterfall that is just on the side of the road near Watkins Glen! I love waterfalls and this is a particularly beautiful one.

Well, that is my tour of my beloved Finger Lakes region for today!

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I've been in the kitchen all day today, so this fall tour was very refreshing for me! Thanks so much for sharing our beautiful day!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - what a wonderful day! thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice way to spend a Sunday!

    ReplyDelete