"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, October 15, 2011

A New Toy

I have been saving for a while now, and I finally splurged- on a new camera! it’s a Canon EOS Rebel T2i SLR digital camera. The package I bought came with extra lenses and batteries and stuff. My friend Don has a similar camera and he’s been helping me learn how to use it.

IMG_0041

I got a lovely picture of my beloved Munchkin…

IMG_0033

I just love the resolution of the new camera! This was taken from clear across the room with a zoom lense.

IMG_0118

I tried my hand at photographing the moon. It came out OK, but it definitely made me realize I need a tripod! I took about 50 pictures of the moon and this was the only decent shot. I guess I’m not very steady :)

Tomorrow morning is supposed to be clear (a miracle in Rochester lately!) so I am going to head to my favorite spot down in Honeoye to play with the camera some more. There is a place with a spectacular view of Honeoye Lake and the city of Rochester and I am hoping it will be clear enough to get some really great photos!

1 comment:

  1. I need a new camera too. I am excited to see your pictures that you will be capturing with it.

    ReplyDelete