"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Creative Therapy

It's been a really, really good thing to have my sewing mojo back... they say bad stuff comes in 3's, right? Well, I can tell you, it's true!

First off, Hubby's uncle passed away last Thursday night. He'd been very sick for a very long time, so it wasn't that much of a surprise, but I really feel sad for his aunt- they'd been married for 53 years.

Our cat is sick, too, and I think I'm going to have to take her in to the vet.

But, wait! How am I going to take her to the vet? My car is broken- AGAIN! I was coming home from a quilt shop yesterday when the temperature gauge suddenly went WAY up, lights and beeps came from everywhere, and there was a gurgling sound, coupled with the smell of antifreeze! Fortunately I was pretty much on my street and able to get home. Hubby thinks something is wrong in the cooling system or with the *brand new* thermostat... so the car gets to go to the doctor tomorrow too :)

So instead of freaking out (or running the errands I need to run...) I spent the day making things again! I made November blocks for my 3 quilting bees, and I made a mini quilt that I've had in my mind for a while. I may use it for the November STUD swap on Flickr... I'll have to see who my partner is and what they like!

Here are the bee blocks!

Sweet Dreams Quilting Bee November
This is for Lori, in the Sweet Dreams Quilting Bee... she sent some brights and the black, and asked us to add in some of our own brights for a log cabin block. I used three that she sent and three of my own to make this block.

APOWB November Block
This is for Liz in the A Piece Of Work B bee... she sent the darling bird fabric and some solid white, and asked that we use our scraps to make wonky stars!

November Buzz Cuts Blocks
And these are for Julie in the Buzz Cuts bee... she sent "Neptune" fabrics and asked for anything! The circle one was inspired by one of the fabrics she sent (I didn't end up using it, though). The other one I put together with scraps from the first, making it a bit wonky to look like seaweed.

I also made.... something.... for my 1 year "blogiversary" on Friday, November 6. Be on the lookout- I have a pretty nice giveaway planned :)

1 comment: