"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, November 9, 2009

Retreat Fun And One UFO In The Bag!

This past weekend I was at a quilting retreat that's organized by my friend Vicki! I LOVE this retreat, we always have so much fun- and this time was no exception!

I was really productive at this retreat, too!!

First off, for the Tallgrass Prairie Studio "Joy In the New Year" UFO challenge, I got one (out of ten) done!!

Retreat Projects
These grocery bags were designed by the same Vicki who organized the retreat! These six have been cut out and ready to put together since May 2009. I got a bit of work done on them at a retreat in September, but they were STILL unfinished! My first priority at the retreat was to put those suckers together... and I did! Now I have six fabulous grocery bags to do my shopping with- maybe I'll actually enjoy grocery shopping :)

Vicki has a pattern almost ready to go for these bags. I'll let you know when you can get your hands on it!

Retreat Projects
This super amazingly fast pattern is by Terry Atkinson, and it's called "Pie Crust Pile Up". I made mine with fabrics from the "Eva" collection by BasicGrey. The background is a really pale green that Vicki and I found in the shop to go along with the Eva fabrics.

I think this is my new favorite pattern! I started cutting it out at 3pm, and was showing off the finished top at 10pm. And that was with a break for dinner!

Retreat Projects
And lastly I made myself a thread catcher like the one for the giveaway, since I liked it so much I almost considered NOT giving it away :) I had enough fabrics left over to squeak another one out, so I did!

I also worked on those owl blocks, and made a lot of progress on my zig-zag Old Red Barn Co. Quilt Along top (which is also on the UFO list!).

The blogiversary giveaway is going until Wednesday, so make sure to leave a comment on that post to get entered to win! I've had a blast reading comments and visiting new blogs, and I thank all of you for coming to my blog and leaving me such lovely comments!

3 comments:

  1. Really Nice!!!!

    Warm Hugs :D

    BĂȘ =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the grocery shopping bags!! :D I have some that I bought from Sams but I like those more!

    ReplyDelete