"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, January 3, 2011

A Chance Taken!

So this morning I got a phone call from my apartment complex, just asking how I liked the apartment and if I was happy and stuff. I AM happy and told them so, but I also mentioned that I wish I had rented a 2 bedroom apartment. When you move from a house to a 1 bedroom apartment, it gets a little cramped. My bedroom looks more like a storage unit right now and it’s not very restful.

Fast forward to this afternoon: I got another phone call to let me know that they have a 2 bedroom available, with a move-in special rent that’s not much more than I’m paying for my 1 bedroom! They have no problem with me transferring from one apartment to another within the same complex, so it was a pretty easy decision! This one not only has another bedroom (can you say sewing room?), it has a 1/2 bath in the master bedroom, so I’ll have my very own private bathroom space.

I have amazing friends who have all agreed to help me move and I can move in about 3 weeks! I’m so excited to have more space!

7 comments:

  1. YEA! That is awesome. You will enjoy the extra space. Congratuations on the new apartment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my first apartment - everyone thought I was crazy for getting a 2 bedroom, but it was wonderful to have the extra space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I hope the move goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah!!! You will love having the extra room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! Enjoy all that space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For sure......enjoy! I just can't imagine living in such a small space anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say that is a rather awesome start to your 'new start' 2011! Congratulations. Happy sewing room!

    ReplyDelete