"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, January 14, 2011

A Pause…

Well, my plans to get sewing again have been put on hold, since I have started packing everything up again to move to the bigger apartment in a week. I have been sketching like mad, though, and I can’t wait to set up my sewing room and get going!

In other news I decided to go back to school- and I’ve been accepted! It’s an adult education course that will really update my medical billing, coding, reception and transcription skills. It is Monday through Friday from 8am till noon, so I probably won’t be working until it’s done in June. I have been looking for a part time afternoon job but so far no luck. On the plus side, I will have afternoons for cleaning, cooking and of course, sewing!

I’ve lost another 6 pounds and had a great milestone this past week- I bought jeans that were THREE SIZES smaller than jeans I bought in the summer! I was SO excited and it’s nice to finally see some real changes in my body :) I am a lot more active here than I was in Illinois- I have a lot of friends here and I love getting out and doing things with them. I have none of the severe depression problems I had during winters in Illinois, and for this I am so thankful :)

I am also excited about getting back into one of the things I missed SO much when I was in Illinois- volunteering with New York State Special Olympics! The Winter Games are in about 3 weeks and I am all set to start volunteering again. I can hardly wait to be in Syracuse the first weekend in February!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you it is all going so well Jennie! You go girl!! How fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So happy everything is going well for you and can't wait to see your new space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go team Jennie!!! NOthing like small jeans to give a girl a confidence boost. Congratulations on so many positive changes!

    ReplyDelete