"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fred The Octopus

I recently joined the "Hoop Up! Stitch And Send" swap over on Flickr! I'm so excited- it's hosted by John (QuiltDad) and I just know it's going to be tons of fun! It starts in January 2010. I'm going to be a "stitch boss" for it, too, making sure that the "stitcheroos" in my group keep things moving :)

I was browsing through some online coloring pages (one of the best sources for free embroidery patterns!) when I came across...

Fred The Octopus
Fred the octopus! Well, I named him Fred. He was nameless, poor thing, when I found him. He was just begging to be embroidered, so I transferred him to fabric and whipped out the ol' thread and needle!

I finished him into a circle to make it look like he was outside a port window. Now he hangs on the wall near my sewing machine and keeps me company :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment