"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Something New :)

I have always liked the Amy Butler "Birdie Sling" pattern. My biggest trouble was deciding what fabrics I wanted to make it from! Then the Poppies from Laura Gunn came out :)

New Birdie Sling!
I made this last night at a lock-in. It took me about 4 1/2 hours total, start to finish. Somehow I had the impression it would take longer and be harder, but it really wasn't hard to make at all :)

I'm really happy to have a new bag! I still love my black, white and red purse...

Purse 1
But it's a little small. I like having a nice big bag...

Retreat Projects
That I can put my grocery bags in when I go out!

The super cute background stuff you can see in the Birdie Sling bag picture is at Tammy Tadd Designs in Sycamore, IL, where the lock-in was held :)

5 comments:

  1. Love your big new bag! That Laura Gunn fabric is gorgeous! The lock-in sounds like fun too!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! that is the right word for the fabrics and what you did with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the poppy fabric is just perfect for the bag...it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bags! The poppy fabric is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bags and I rather like the idea of a lock in.
    I also like the bag of shopping bags. Did you use a pattern?
    I keep meaning to do something and think I might have a pattern bookmarked somewhere.
    Could be a use for my fruit and vegetable fabrics.

    ReplyDelete