"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A New Shop!

Woohoo!! There's a new shop close(ish) to me! And it's a great one :)

It's called Acorn Quilts, and it's in Rockford, IL, about 25 miles west of me. Paige and I drove out this morning to check it out.

It's very nice!! The decor is really modern, and the fabrics are a pretty good mix of Civil War repro-type stuff and modern. She had the entire "Nicey Jane" line by Heather Bailey! The prices were pretty much standard for brick-and-mortar stores.

The best feature of this shop? They were SO friendly and nice and seemed genuinely happy that we were there!! I actually wanted to buy fabric there, they were so helpful and pleasant- and it's important to have that personal customer service, especially in this day and age of internet shopping. I don't go back to shops I don't get a good "vibe" from. I'll be going back to this shop!

So if you're going to be in the Rockford IL area, I highly recommend you check out this shop!! It's not far off the interstate (I-39/I-90 north, the Riverside Blvd. exit), so it's a great place to stop even if you're on your way to somewhere else :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment