"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's Garden Time!!

And that makes for one very happy Jennie :)

Emerging
This made me happy too- there are dozens of little daffodil buds coming up in my little garden at the end of the driveway!

Strawberries
I got the strawberries in! I thought it was way too early, but a friend of mine (who happens to be a Master Gardener!) told me to get in them in ASAP then cover them with a thick layer of straw. I hope they're growing under there :)

The Grand Plan
And last but not least, I've been completely re-doing the garden to get the maximum planting space. The supported raised beds are gone, and in their place will be 6 unsupported beds 12 feet long by 3 feet wide. I have 2 of them established, and am planning to have the rest done this week! That will give them a week to settle before I plant the early things like peas, lettuce and spinach.

Now it's lunchtime, and then I'm going to get my peppers, tomatoes and broccoli started indoors!

3 comments:

  1. Oohhh! I have just been talking to my husband about doing this! Lucky you to get to do it now! LOL It just snowed here yesterday! Sheesh! Sooo ready for spring! :)
    We have been battling a rock infested/clay soil ground for 4 years since we moved here. Adding more soil each year, and having crummy luck. Hoping this will be the year we raise it up and get some results! LOL good luck with yours!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis Autumn here in Australia but I have spinach growing well, broad beans growing nice and tall, Asian greens, a row of lettuce and a round wire cone with snow peas growing up it.
    We have moderate winters and seldom have frost.
    I have all my bulbs except tulips planted and have planted pansies in the pots so they look good while the bulbs are growing and after-wards
    I have a herb garden but also have pots closer to the house for that quick sneak out and pick.
    My tulips are still in the fridge but will come out in the next two weeks.....we have just had a warm spell so am glad I left them a little longer. My jonquils are beginning to flower and all have leaves as do the blue bells and snowdrops. The Dutch Iris are also well in leaf. I have planted two new blossom trees for spring so am so looking forward to spring this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could grow strawberries, we have too many monkeys!

    ReplyDelete