"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday Drive

This afternoon was so bright and sunny that Hubby and I decided to hop in the car and drive! We chose to drive southwest, just to see what there was to see. And let me tell you, I was in seventh heaven when we saw this!!

Wind Farm
A wind farm!!! Of those big, huge, lovely windmills!

I cannot even begin to describe how much I love these windmills. I think they are so beautiful and powerful and they give the impression of being graceful, too. I really think they are among the most beautiful things on earth.

Wind Farm
Hubby knows of my love for these, so we followed the windfarm for miles and miles so I could just look and look!

Powerful Beauty
He even took us off the beaten (or paved...!) path so I could get up close! They make such a lovely swooshing sound as they go round and round :)

It was a lovely drive- I'm so glad we got out of the house and out into the world for a while :)

2 comments:

  1. Those windmills ARE cool. And amazingly huge when you get near them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to hear that you like them. Most Aussies see them as a blot on the landscape.
    I have not seen them up close....so have not really formed an opinion.. I did love the old windmills though.

    ReplyDelete