"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, May 21, 2009

The First Step And LOTS Of Pictures!

So you know how in 12-step programs, the first step is always that you need to admit you have a problem? Well, I did that with my last blog post... and, oddly enough, that simple admission seems to be what I needed to break through! I have been getting so much done!


This was the "Strawberries and Cream" swap from the "Fat Quarter Fabric Swap With A Twist" group! On the left is what I sent to Shelly (Pink Punk Boutique). And on the right is what she sent me!! This was her first swap ever... and man, did she go all out!


This is what I sent to Diane for the "A Little Fabric, A Little Chocolate" swap on Flickr. She sent mine out today... I can't wait to get it!



This is bound for Italy- to Julie, for a pincushion swap.


And this is one of the blocks I made for John for the Buzz Cuts group... the other one is a secret :) I mailed this out to him yesterday, along with the fabric he won in my blog giveaway.




And last but not least, I got all the way done with the yoke and was starting to work the body of a knit sweater when I found several mistakes. UGH!! I decided to frog (rippit!!) the whole thing and start over. This is what I have done so far on the new sweater... and I am MUCH happier with it! I'm using a pattern as a base, but doing my own thing with it. Which is why I made so many mistakes. Because I am NOT a knitting expert :)

Today I am getting my fabric ready for the Sweet Dreams Quilting Bee, finishing a block for Carol in the same bee, and getting ready to leave for my sister's tomorrow! I just have to get my clothes together, and find the air mattress... and make sure I leave plenty of prepared food for Hubby- he doesn't cook very well, and I don't want him eating junk while I'm gone!!

Then when I get home I will make blocks for a little Round Robin I was invited to join, and make a mini for the S.T.U.D. "Alphabet Mania" challenge... I have the letter "Y"! I know exactly what I'm going to do, so it won't take long... I will just squeak under the deadline!

And for June? ONE swap. And it's a goodies swap, not a mini quilt swap. That's all! I'll still have Buzz Cuts and the Round Robin, too. I have 6 quilt tops of my own ready to quilt, and my goal is to have those done by the end of June!


PS: Go check out http://quiltsalott.blogspot.com/... she made the cutest little stuffed animal I have ever seen!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment