"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Hardest Post I Will Ever Write

So, in the interest of no longer denying that I am overweight, and starting my weight loss journey off right, I have decided to use today's post as a "confessional".

I weigh 336 pounds.

I did not always weigh this much. I was an athlete as a teenager. Severe depression, two moves, a rocky start to my marriage and the death of my best friend all contributed to this.

But I am happily settled into a home and my marriage now. And the depression is a thing of the past! I will never get my friend back, but I will always have my memories. And she would not want me to be unhealthy.

I want (and need!) to be healthy. And 336 pounds is NOT healthy.

Time to slip on the brand new shoes and walk!

8 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I need to write this same post and actually do something about it. I lost almost 40 pounds 2 years ago (still needed to lose another 65) and when we moved I gained every bit of it back. I am right back where I started.

    If you ever need to just "talk" to anyone feel free to message me on Flickr and I will send you my e-mail addy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone and you have taken the first step. Good luck to you and keep that walking going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. I am about 220 lbs and know I need to do something about it but haven't reached the point where I have the willpower yet. A friend who lost a lot of weight told me once that you do it when the time was right.
    This is your right time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for writing this post! That took alot of courage! I am definitely overweight too, but would never post my weight, but i think i'll put some new shoes on as well and make an effort to drop some pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SweetJenn...
    That was a really rough patch you weathered!
    You go grl!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure that was very hard to throw out there, but kudos to you!! Way to go, and its all up from here! And let me tell you, you're not the only out there who needs to work on the weight issue...I could do a similar post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen
    You are not alone in your battle. Remember not all people see size but what a wonderful, kind person you are. Its too bad that we have to live up to the weight standards set by others. Feel good about yourself
    Your guild friend
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you Jennie. It will certainly be a challenge but you have a good mind set to start. Set yourself achievable mini-goals. Taking that first step is the best place to start. Ann :)

    ReplyDelete