"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Swaps!

This was a banner week for recieving swap mini quilts! I got my DQS6 and my S.T.U.D. quilts within 2 days of each other!

For DQS6, our partners were secret, and the person we were sending to was not the person sending to us!


I sent this to Sudi-Laura in Massachussetts for DQS6.


And I recieved this from Lynn in North Carolina! I just love it- it's so bright and cheerful. The flowers are supposed to be the back! I have them facing out right now. They are too cute to hide!

And for S.T.U.D. I was paired with Cary in North Carolina. The theme was "Spring Flowers".


So I sent this to Cary...

And this is what she sent me! Such cute fabrics, and the linen on the back/binding is great!

I tripped and punctured my right palm with a rustly nail yesterday while out working in the garden. In addition to having a seriously sore right hand, I also have a sore left arm, since I had to get a tetanus update as well! So the garden work is on hold for a couple days. I am pressing fabric and making bee blocks today.

Something funny (in an ironic sort of way): the last 2 times I have had to get a tetanus shot were because of cuts to the palm of my right hand- one 8 years ago, and one yesterday!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny, make sure you look after that wound. What a thing to happen. Get better soon. Your little quilts - sent and received - are just delightful. Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray - I'm glad you like your quilt. It was lovely and warm here while you were posting pictures of snow and ice. So I thought you could use something bright and sunny. Poor you - tetanus shots hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little quilts:)

    ReplyDelete