"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, October 1, 2009

What Quilting Is All About

Yesterday I read on Lisa's blog that Terry 's husband suffered a terrible accident at work, resulting in his leg being amputated below the knee.

Today, I read that Laurie is organizing a quilt block donation for Terry and her family! The idea is that you make a 9 1/2" block and send it to Laurie. She will put them together into a quilt, and mail it to Terry!

So I pulled some fabrics and got a block put together. Do I know any of these people? No- but that's OK! Someone needs a quilt, and I can help with that. That's all I need to know!

We were asked to use blue, red, yellow and brown, and use a "scrappy love" theme. I wasn't quite sure what that meant, but this is what I came up with:

Block For The "Terry Love Quilt"

It'll go in the mail as soon as I have an address to send it to!

Go here for more information!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jennie! The block is adorable!! It will fit right into Terry's home!
    laurie

    ReplyDelete