"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Little Bit Of Sewing

Hi! I was actually able to sit down and sew today!! Only 5 days after tearing my sewing room to pieces :) I almost have it all organized. It's working out very, very well- I can't believe I waited so long to make this change!

I made a few more blocks for my Park Slope log cabin quilt. I am really loving how this is coming together! It's going to be completely fabulous! I have enough fabric to make it big- really big. I plan for it to be 98" square. I will need 196 log cabin blocks to accomplish this, since I don't plan to use a border. So don't expect to see this quilt finished anytime soon! I think it will make a really nice summer quilt for our bed.

I made this pincushion with attached thread catcher on Saturday, at a lock-in down at Tammy Tadd Designs. This was designed by Nan, a woman who works at Tammy Tadd Designs. It's super cute, and really easy to make! You can order the pattern from their website- I link to it on my sidebar.

On Monday I was so happy to be able to spend the afternoon with Kris! She is in Chicago visiting friends, and took the train all the way out to the 'burbs to go shop hopping with me! We had so much fun!

I am almost done cleaning and organizing most of the house. Then, it's time to start on the yard and garden! My garden did not do well at all this year. It was too cold most of the summer. I hardly got anything from it- very disappointing! But, there's always next year, and I am going to make some changes that will help give me more space to plant, and will be easier to cultivate.
Ryan has a fun giveaway over at his blog. Go sign up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment