"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, April 17, 2010

International Quilt Festival 2010- The Loot :)

Oh, I had SUCH a good time at the quilt show today!! It really wasn't as crowded as it has been in past years, and that made it nicer for shopping :)

IQF Loot 2010
And, I shopped :) Not as much as I've bought in past years, but still quite enough to last a while!

IQF Loot 2010
A couple booths had some AMAZING deals on Moda pre-cuts!! I found two jelly rolls of "1974", three honeybuns of "Neptune" and a honeybun/layer cake combo of "Make Life..."! There were many more but I decided to leave some for people that are going to the show tomorrow :)

IQF Loot 2010
A lot of the quilts on display featured silk. I've recently moved out of my "cotton ONLY" phase and have incorporated linen into my quilting and sewing projects. I decided to keep leaping and start using silk, too! These are pieces of Thai and Chinese silk- they are so shimmery and richly colored!

IQF Loot 2010
These were at a booth that had some pretty mad prices for things- like these bundles: 5 yards of fabric for $25! FIVE dollars a yard! I was very happy :)

IQF Loot 2010
The same booth was selling remnant pieces for $4/yard! These Sandi Henderson pieces were too good to pass up.

IQF Loot 2010
I also made sure to pick up my pin- the last pin for Chicago :(

Next year the spring show is moving to Cincinnati, OH, so I was glad I was able to get to the show today. It is unlikely I will get to another International Quilt Festival anytime soon... Houston and Cincinnati have too much extra expense, like hotel and travel. I'll miss having this great show in my own backyard!

6 comments:

  1. Nice haul! Sounds like the quilt show is coming east! Maybe someday it will be close enough for me to pop in and do some shopping!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how i would love to go to a quilt festival. you got some amazing stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were no precuts left today at that booth, I did get some yardage. That was about the best deal at the show. Some of the prices were out there. I guess next year we'll have to go to Des Moines, it's about 4 hours, but not as far as Cincinnati.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you got some great deals! I love the bundle with the silverware etc~ how fun for the kitchen! :-) Looks like lots of fun sewing ahead! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like lots of fun. I love the 1974 and Sweetlife stuff. Nice haul! :)

    ReplyDelete