"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Hardest Part Of Quilting...

Is giving the quilt away!! I started a Double Irish Chain quilt that I am making for my cousin and his bride-to-be last night. I got about 1/4 of the blocks made, and so I laid it out, to see what it would look like. And it's GORGEOUS!!! This is one of those quilts that is turning out better than I hoped it would! Now I don't want to give it away!! WAH! Of course, I will. But I did order more of the focus print fabric to make another one. For me!

I am hoping to sneak in some sewing time this week, but it's not likely, since I am hosting Thanksgiving. I do get to pick up a quilt that Paige (www.paigealaine.com) quilted for me. She showed me a few pictures of it last night at the lock-in... she's not quite done. It is turning out fantastic! She does beautiful work! I will post pictures when I get it on Tuesday.

Well, now I'm off to the store to buy the feast! I think I should have bought the turkey a few days ago. I am not sure I'll have enough time to thaw it in the refridgerator now... I might have to use the water method!

0 comments:

Post a Comment