"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, November 17, 2008

Hi!

I had a lovely weekend at my sister's place this past weekend! I brought my hand-embroidery project and actually got quite a bit of stitching done on it, while visiting with friends and family and watching movies. I was very happy to have to move the hoop twice!

I am making this: http://www.crabapplehillstudio.com/items/316_over_the_river_and_through_the_woods.aspx

I am currently working on the top panel. I know there is no way I will ever finish this before Christmas of this year, but it is my goal to have it done and on the wall for next Christmas!

Not a whole lot else. Despite the temptation of passing 7 different quilt shops on the way to and from La Crosse, I did not stop at any of them! I have been washing, pressing and organizing my fabric, and I guess this has put me in the mood to not buy right now. Plus we are cutting back on our expenses a little due to the economy. I don't need any new fabric... I have enough projects lined up to last me at least 2-3 years! I was actually a little proud of myself for not stopping and shopping when I really didn't have any need to!

I delivered the top of the bedspread I was commissioned to make to the quilt shop I used to work at today. It is going to be quilted there, and then another lady who works there is going to bind it. The person I made it for liked it a lot! I am glad. It was very easy to make, and I didn't charge her to do it. I was glad to have the payment of her happiness with it!

Tonight I am going to finish binding a quilt for another lady, and then I think I will not take in any more work for others, at least for a while. I want to work on my own projects- and heaven knows I have enough of them!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment