"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Not Much New

I almost have the first block of the Storm At Sea quilt done. I am very, very happy with how it's turning out! I have already figured out how many pieces I need to complete the quilt. Now I need to see if I have enough fabric... I think I do. It's only going to be a lap-size. I don't have enough fabric to make it any bigger!

I also planned out and figured the fabric to make my cousin's wedding gift, a queen size quilt. I need to get more of one of the fabrics, but that will be pretty easy, since it's a Moda Marble. Thank goodness for staple fabrics! Marbles and Kaufman Fusions are my favorite ones. And Kona solids. And RJR Handsprays! Oh, what the heck, I like them all!

I am driving to my sister's in La Crosse, WI tomorrow, with one detour- Mill House Quilts in Waunakee, WI is having a sale this weekend, and it's on my way, so I am going to stop! How kind of them to have a sale the very weekend I will be up that way! It really is a great quilt shop- it's among my favorites!

Well, I am off to an evening quilting bee now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment