"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Not Much Quilting Goin' On

And I am really itching to get back to it! I think I might find some time tomorrow. I have been winterizing the house... we decided to put plastic over the windows, and I just couldn't bear to do it without washing the windows... inside and out... windows and storm windows... for all 14 windows in the house! I am so tired. I worked at it for 3 days! But it is all done now. And a good thing, too. The wind is howling and it's 30 degrees!

I have been working on my embroidery in the evenings. Just a little bit of time can be used to get a lot of stitching done! It's very relaxing, too.

I have a quilt on the GrandQuilter to finish up, hopefully tomorrow. Then I plan to load my sister's quilt. I hope to get it done before Thanksgiving, since she is coming to dinner. But I am not sure I will have time, since I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner, and have a LOT of cleaning and decorating and cooking to do in the next week!

I will definitely get to sew this weekend, though. I am hosting a lock-in at Tammy Tadd's on Friday night, and then going to the lock-in that Vicki is hosting Saturday night. Have I ever mentioned in this blog that Tammy Tadd Designs is the best quilt shop on earth? If not, I have been very bad! I love that place. It's so bright and cheerful! And everyone who works and teaches there is so happy and helpful all the time! I hope everyone gets a chance to go there sometime! Pop over to the website, too. It's so nicely done, and it's also bright and cheerful! A link is in my list of favorite places.

0 comments:

Post a Comment