"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Sunday, November 9, 2008

I Wish There Was A Retreat Every Weekend!!

I cannot even begin to describe how much fun I had at the retreat this weekend! Great friends, great quilts, fantabulous food... I wish I could do one of these every weekend!
I finished (from start to finish, including the cutting out!) my sister's quilt top! YAY!! This quilt has only been promised to her for like 4 years. I am really pleased with it! It's a large Queen size... it ended up a tad bit bigger than I originally planned, because of the size of the blocks, but it was so much fun to make! Kudos go to Karen and Carol for helping me arrange the blocks!! And thanks also to Karen and Pat, who held it over the balcony railing so I could get this picture of it:

Isn't it huge? It's 89"x 107"! I'll take it with me when I go to La Crosse next weekend and try it out on her bed- I could trim the borders down a bit if I needed to. I am really pleased with it!
This was the only project I finished this weekend. I was hoping to finish another one as well, but it just wasn't going to happen! I'll finish it this week, though.
I am really tired! But so happy to have the quilt top done. And I am happy to have spent the weekend with such awesome, kind, and talented ladies! SO much thanks to Vicki (AccioFabric) for organizing it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment