"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Buzz Cuts And Sweet Dreams

One of the online quilting bees I am in is called Buzz Cuts. Each month one person sends out fabrics to the other 14, and we make blocks from it and send them back! I don't send my fabrics out until April 2010, unfortunately, but it's SO much fun getting fabric from others and making blocks with it!

This month was Jean's month. She sent out "Swanky" by Chez Moi for Moda- it's awesome fabric! She wanted 6", 9" or 12" blocks. We need to make at least 1 block, but most of us end up making more!

This was the "Main" block I made... it's called "Rocky Mountain Puzzle", and it's one of my favorite traditional quilt blocks! This one is 12.5".


Then I made this one... this is a 6.5" block made with the same paper-piecing template I made for the Round Robin block.

This one is also 6.5" square... I just pieced all the leftovers together! I was trying to get a 9" block, but I didn't have enough. So I cut it down a little.

The other online bee I am in is Sweet Dreams Quilting Bee. This month is my month, and most people have gotten my fabrics! It's SO exciting... I have to keep myself from "haunting" Flickr to see if anyone's posted a picture of a block yet!

These are my fabrics... all but the brown are from my stash of "Shangri-La" by 3 Sisters for Moda. The brown is from "Cotton Blossoms" by Moda.

I did manage to sneak into one swap for this month... Kimmie needed 1 more person for the STUD mini quilt swap, so I jumped in. I am glad... I was pretty bummed about not getting ANY swap stuff this month! And my partner just lives in downstate Illinois!

Not much else. Just getting some chores done now- mainly the laundry! I am going to make some cards yet this afternoon and evening, and maybe a couple scrapbook pages, too!

2 comments:

  1. Busy, busy Jennie! I like your fabric choices... and I really like the "Rocky Mt" block - I may just have to make one of those... Don't forget to leave time for a walk, Dear Girl. You deserve some "outside" time, and exercise, too!
    Cheers,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your swanky blocks and the swanky material is great!

    ReplyDelete