"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Eve Of July

I found myself with some unexpected (but not unwelcome...) Hubby-free time this evening! So I grabbed out a pile of Amy Butler scraps I had hanging around and put this together. It took me about 2 hours, start to finish! The brown is a Moda Bella Solid.

I've named it "Eve Of July", since it kinda reminds me of a sunset sky and was pieced on the last day of June. It's about 36" by 48". It evolved as it went... I initially had a totally different idea, but after playing with the squares and rectangles a bit, this happened instead!

It will be quilted with straight vertical lines about 3/4" apart, with brown thread. I don't actually HAVE brown thread, so I guess I'll have to head to the quilt shop tomorrow (oh, darn...!).



I'm going to go "wind up the calendar" as Hubby puts it, and go to bed. See you next month!!

2 comments:

  1. Great little project of the evening! And I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colours/patterns have worked really well. Enjoy your trip to the quilt shop. Ann :)

    ReplyDelete