"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, June 29, 2009

June Swap Fun!

Well, I was up and sewing by 7am today- it's so good to feel like myself again! Sir Alexander Fleming is my new hero :)


Look at this cutie I received from Cathie for the S.T.U.D. swap! I just love it- it's so bright and happy! Her piecing is beautiful, too, and her binding is out of this world!! So straight, with perfectly mitered corners!

I finished up and mailed out a mini quilt for Cathie today. Here's a "sneak peek"... I know she reads this blog, so you'll all have to wait until she gets it to see what it is!!


I was also in a placemat swap this month! The idea is to get a personal placemat to use, one that's all your own. I was partnered with AmandaJean from crazymomquilts. She's so creative, and so prolific, and has such a popular blog that I was actually a little intimidated by the thought of making something for her! But I think she'll like her placemat! Here's her "sneak peek"... I think she reads this, so no pictures yet!!


I am going to have a personal quilting retreat this upcoming holiday weekend... Hubby won't be home during the day for most of the weekend, and I am going to sew, sew, sew!!

,

1 comment:

  1. Jennie, I was hoping that your package would come today because I had the day off, but it was not there. My post office window is only open from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., so if we get packages, and can't show up during those times, we have to wait until we're off when they're open. (The lockbox area is open all the time.) My husband doesn't work Fridays, so that may be the next time we can claim a package.

    Anyway, just an explanation of why I may not get the mini right away - don't worry that it's lost. If I get a package slip in my box, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete