So I spent most of this past week feeling sorry for myself. It's hot- REALLY hot. I don't feel good, and I haven't for a couple weeks now (NO, I am not pregnant, that's the first thing I checked!). I miss my friends in NY. I am behind on my swap projects. I can't seem to keep up with the house (because I am tired because I don't feel good)...
Well, let me tell you all, sitting around making a list of all the reasons life sucks takes even more energy out of you! So I decided to make a list of all the things that are GOOD right now. And guess what? I came up with more things that are good than things that are bad! Life isn't so bad after all!!
1. I have central air conditioning. This is very, very good!
2. I now know what is making me so tired. It's something chronic that flares up every once in a while. There's nothing I can do but wait it out. But at least I know what it is now, and I should be feeling better in a couple more weeks!
3. One of my hobbies (knitting) can be done while sitting, and takes very little energy. So I can still make stuff even when I'm feeling icky!
4. I have a wonderful Hubby who provides for me, and helps me when I am unwell.
5. The garden is giving us salads! This is good- veggies taste SO much better straight from the ground :)
6. I know what I am going to make/give to my swap partners, so once I do have energy to work on these, I can get them done quickly.
7. I have several bottles of very good wine! ;)
8. I am still losing weight. Which is good!
9. I have great friends, both in real life and online! And even though I am far away from some of them, cell phones and computers make it easy to keep in touch.
I really think making a list of all the good stuff in your life helps boost your energy levels! Smiling helps too. Try it and see!
Love to all!
1 hour ago