"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sneak Peek!

So in my two-week long journey to unearth my sewing room, I ran across not a few projects that were started, then set aside. I picked two of them to concentrate on this week... one of them is on my Personal UFO Challenge!

This is a pattern called "Stepping Out". It's in the book "Square Deal" by Nancy Mahoney. I had found the floral fabric, also known to people who read my old blog as the "Really Pretty Fabric", at the quilt shop in my hometown of Victor, NY. I fell in love instantly! And then I found this pattern, and the quilt was born! Here's a block:.
I can hardly wait to finish it!
I also found these sunflowers:
They were a kit I bought at the same quilt shop, on the same visit! The pattern is "5 Golden Sunflowers" by Bee Creative Studio. I guess I am trying to combat winter, working on these really bright, happy, fun projects!

0 comments:

Post a Comment