"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, January 19, 2009

So Ends A Fair Day

That's the name of my newest original creation! It was inspired by the batik fat quarters I bought today and the sunsets I remember from my beloved hills and valleys in the Finger Lakes region of New York.



It's 9" x 12"... I took a piece of fusible web, free cut it with my rotary cutter (no drawn lines!), and then fused the pieces of web to the various fabrics. These pieces were cut out and fused to a piece of muslin, and then I put fusible bias tape over all the edges. I then layered it, and sewing down the bias tape became the quilting!

I am having so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. You really have an eye for colour and design. That's a terrific piece. Batiks are quite extraordinary fabrics.

    Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really pretty. I want to try something like that! Great job!

    ReplyDelete