"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Eat, Drink, And Be Merry...

For tomorrow scientific researchers will come out with conflicting and scary reports telling me how my favorite foods and beverages are trying to kill me!

Seriously- in the last day I have learned that: while good for my heart, wine may increase my risk of cancer. Except esophageal cancer- wine apparently reduces the risk of that. I also learned that caffeine may be a natural skin cancer deterrent. But I thought it wasn't good for my heart?

Here's my thinking: I'm going to die eventually anyway. So I'm going to have my morning coffee and my evening sip of wine (New York Finger Lakes Region wine, please and thank you!) and not worry about the scientific world's latest attempt to reduce me to my molecular components!

While I'm at it, I'm going to eat real butter, and put cream in my coffee, too.

I'm living on the edge here, but it's kind of exciting :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Jennie -
    I find it a bit difficult to get Oregon wine (not as much now, but when I lived in Sonoma County, it was hard to get my local foods place to stock good Oregon Pinot Gris/Griggio. Best white ever, really!
    Life will eventually kill us, so we need to enjoy our time on Earth, yes?
    Quilts, coffee, chocolate, bread, cheese, wine... in moderation, its all good. tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they really don't have a clue. I figure the less processed it is, the better. Remember when they told us that margerine was better for you than butter? Liars. Of course I will be the first one to cite the "chocolate is good for you" finding while drinking my wine or coffee.

    ReplyDelete