"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, March 27, 2009

If You Want Something...

Sometimes you need to design it yourself!

I have been looking and looking for a purse pattern that I really like! I thought the Amy Butler Birdie Sling bag was it... and it's a GREAT bag, don't get me wrong! But it's too big for everyday use.

So, I played around today, and made my own purse pattern!


It's very slightly shaped- 11" wide at the bottom, and 10" wide at the top- 12" tall and 4" deep. It has a magnetic snap closure and two pockets inside, one for my gum, the other for my cell phone! It has a single strap, and the really cute covered button has a twin on the other side!

It's the perfect size! I used fabric I had lying around to make this one, and I made sure I would want to use it, should it turn out well! Now I am going to ponder my stash and come up with a more summery version.

I had a really funny thought while I was making this... how did people sew in the days before fusible interfacing and fleece? :)

1 comment:

  1. We girls are fussy about our bags. I love the black and white theme and daisy fabric. Nice work!

    Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete