"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Retreat!

Wow- I really had fun at my retreat this weekend! I got SO much done- it was super! I stayed up until 1:30am Saturday morning, and 3:00am Sunday morning. We had so much fun- and absolutely fabulous food!

Here's the stuff I worked on:

This is a split 9-patch made with the "Tranquility" line from Moda. I had the center all done, and I got the borders done on Friday.

This is my Amy Butler's Birdie Sling bag- kind of...! I changed the handle- I really, really did not like the handle in the pattern, so I took the idea from Amy Butler's Frenchie Bag to make these handles! It was really easy to make, but it took a LOT of time to cut out all the pieces and fuse all the interfacing. I only got one done.


All I did to this was get the sashing and borders on. I really love this! It turned out to be about 25" square. I'm just going to do some really simple ditch quilting on this.


And this is the reason I was up until 3am this morning- "The Posh Quilt"!! I started piecing the blocks for this at 11pm Saturday! Vicki and I played with the layout, but finally gave up at 3am and went to bed. This morning Paige, Vicki and I got the setting to what you see here! I didn't get the borders done because we decided my original choice for the inner border was NOT going to work. And the fabric we decided I should go with was at home!

I'm super tired now. But it was a fantastic weekend! I wish there could be a retreat every month. Or that the retreat could be a week long!

***I just read the update from the Bushfire Quilt Project- here's the stats according to CampFollowerBagLady!! This is a total of 85 quilts. WOW!!***

Donated quilt blocks - 1223
Enough to make - 48 star quilts
assembled quilt tops donated - 30
finished quilts donated - 7

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you did get a lot done! Did you stop to eat? I love all the things you made especially the Posh quilt. Such a fantastic effort on the bushfire quilts. It was nice to be a very small part of that.

    Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete