"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Secret Easter Swap

YAY!! My partner received (and loves!), her Secret Easter Swap goodies! So now I can tell you about it!

Julie over at Bush Baby Jag organized the Secret Easter Swap. What's the "secret" part? You don't know who's sending you a gift! She sent out all the info in e-mails.

I was to make something for Shari in Perth, Western Australia! It was so much fun to "stalk" her blog and get a feel for what she would like. I ended up making this!


It's a coins quilt made with charm squares from the "Nature's Chorus" collection by April Cornell for Moda. Isn't it just bright, and springy, and happy? It's about 12" high by 10" wide.

I sent along some other goodies too, a couple pages of stickers and some Easter ribbon.

I wanted to send some chocolate, but the info on the USPS website about sending food to Australia was confusing. I think it would have been OK, but I didn't want there to be any problems, so I left it out.

I am really happy she likes it! And I still have the excitement of waiting for my Secret Easter Swap package to arrive- and I have absolutely no idea who (or where!) it will come from!

2 comments:

  1. I think Shari will be more than pleased with that wonderful selection. Such a lovely little quilt. When it comes to sending food items to Australia, chocolate is okay just don't send anything with dairy products including cake mixes, pancake batter, etc. To check what is acceptable visit the Australian Quarantine Services website at www.aqis.gov.au

    Have a great weekend!

    Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jennie! I really really like my little quilt. It will surely brighten the coming winter days... I so appreciate it and the other lovely gifts you sent. It's just so nice to have something that someone else made. Very special indeed. And never mind about the chocolate. I seldom eat it anymore - LOL.

    ReplyDelete