"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Quilting Blues

I decided to make a few changes, in an effort to get my quilting desire back! It's been totally in the dumps- I have made some bags, and fondled lots of fabrics and looked at lots of patterns, but nothing.

A faint glimmer came through, though, when I found Oh, Fransson's Mod Sampler Quilt Along! Here are my fabrics for that...


I took down the long list of UFQ's on my sidebar and replaced it with a list of stuff I've completed in 2009.

To be honest, my tastes have changed- a lot- and I am not sure that some of those quilts will ever be made. The ones that were already started, yes, I will finish those. But a lot of the ones on that list were "USQ's", or Un-Started Quilts. They were there because I had the fabric and pattern picked, and intended to make them! But now I am not sure I want to make them... and having them listed there made them feel like obligations. This is my hobby- I'll make what I want, when I want!

Not too much else. I have 6 of Vicki's Fabulous Shopping Bags cut out and ready to sew. I decided against the Joel Dewberry fabric... the way the sparrows are placed on the fabric makes it hard to work with- all the sparrows were getting covered with the straps when I measured everything out! So I am using a really cute (and very girly) print from Michael Miller. We decided that since we use plastic grocery bags for trash can liners and the cat litter, Hubby would just get those whenever he goes to the store (which is usually just for milk and vegetables) and I'll use the reusable grocery bags when I do our big bi-weekly shopping!

1 comment: