"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fabric Diet

So yesterday I spent an obscene amount of money at Quilt Arts- but how can you turn down Amy Butler and Joel Dewberry- for $5 a yard? You just can't. It's not possible!

Now I am going to go on a fabric diet. Seriously- I have so much fabric I can hardly find places for it all! My culling and cutting did no good- my sewing room is just as crowded as it was before. And I have many, many more yards coming! Everything I bought yesterday has a purpose, but I'll still have to deal with it until I can get it sewn!

So, no more fabric for me! No more Etsy, no more local or internet shops, and definitely NO SHOWS- which includes the International Quilt Festival coming up here in Chicago in April. I will go to the show in Madison, WI in September, though. I think I can sew through some of my stash by then! So from now until September- no fabric purchases.

I found out recently that there are some members of my quilt guild going through hard times financially, and they can't buy fabric right now. I think that's a perfect place to give away some of my fabric!

This is going to be hard. But I know I can do it!

5 comments:

  1. We've heard this before! And your going to miss all the beautiful quilts at Rosemont? You need to go with Vicki - you can help her add to her stash! Not that she really needs help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda kept my resolution in February... I only bought a little bit of fabric, and that was to finish a project!! And I really am going to skip Rosemont. I think it's too crowded and too expensive anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $5 a yard is difficult to pass by. Good luck with the *diet* !

    Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there quiltmom! I have news for you, I resisted that sale until Jennie told me how good a deal it was! I'm going through my stash to sell off some of it now too. As you know, I have waaayyyy too much. I don't have much need for a lot of it anymore, so I've been purging! Etsy, here I come! I will be going to the shows though. It's such great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SAID I was sorry, bugglet!! Although you didn't have to go rushing over there as soon as I e-mailed you... :)

    ReplyDelete