"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Blogland Is So Cool!!

Check out a couple of new things I came across today!!

The first one is a virtual quilt festival!! How cool is that? Between April 17 and April 24 you post a picture of your favorite quilt and tell the story of the quilt... and let Amy over at Park City Girl know about it! It's going to be so much fun to look at everyone's stuff and read the story behind it. She has prizes too, to be given to random winners. She even has sponsors! FatQuarterShop.com and Fabricworm are a couple of them... I frequent these places and am happy to see the support!

The second things is the F-R-I-E-N-D-S swap!! You swap one item that begins with each letter of the word "friends", so a total of 7 items are sent to your swap partner! That will be so much fun- I can't wait to get my partner so I can start "stalking" them to learn about their hobbies, likes and dislikes... that's one of the best parts of swapping!

There are buttons on my sidebar for both of these. Go check them out! They are sure to be tons of fun!

Not much going on today... I plan to finish my "Oh, Fransson" blocks today, and also finish my DQS6 quilt.

And then tomorrow evening... I am going to the International Quilt Festival in Rosemont with Vicki (and possibly Paige)!! SO much fun!! It's the only time I can go the whole weekend, so I'll have to pack shopping and looking at the quilts into 4 hours. But there is not much I need as far as the vendors go. I mainly want to look for batiks, and I would like to find some "Wonderland" fabric... it's the coolest fabric ever, and no quilt shops around me are carrying it! I am looking forward to seeing the quilts. They are always fantastic! I better make sure to bring extra batteries for my camera... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment