"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Favorites from the International Quilt Festival

Here are my favorites from the quilt show here in Chicago this past weekend... sorry it took so long to post them! I was so inspired by the show (and some of the fabric I found there) that I spent the whole past weekend sewing!


"Flowers In The Night" by Linda Dyken, Mobile, AL- I LOVE all the english paper piecing on this one, and the fact that the setting is so unique- not flowers, like 99% of hexagon quilts seem to be!


"The Beauty Of Pensacola" by Pensacola Quilter's Guild, quilted by Judy Holley, Pensacola, FL- I just love the brightness of it!!


"The Breath Of Life" by Harumi Asada, Chitagun Aichi, Japan- I spent more time looking at this quilt than any other- the amount of detail is breathtaking!


"Chicadee Spring" by Cynthia St. Charles, Billings, MT- this was my personal favorite from the whole show! It's just so whimsical!


"Splendor In The Grass" by Melinda Bula, El Dorado Hills, CA- this is the "Best In Show" winner. I totally agree!!


And last but not least- I went SHOPPING!!! I mostly bought fabric, as you can see pictured above!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh...I love that Breath of Life one. The whole thing was so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic quilts - amazing detail. No wonder you were inspired by it all. That's a fabulous fabric haul!

    Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Breathe of life quilt looks amazing! I could stare for a while too :) You lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quilts. Thanks for sharing.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Stash Envy! Thanks for sharing the lovely quilts too!

    Rita
    Red Pepper Quilts

    ReplyDelete