"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Chicago Landmarks

To answer the questions from the comments of one of my recent posts...

In the 8 years I have lived in the Chicago area:

Comiskey Park (home of the White Sox) has become U.S. Cellular Field

Marshall Field's department store was changed to Macy's. I know that I, and many other people I know, will not shop there anymore, in protest of them taking away the Marshall Field's name.

And now the Sears Tower will become Willis Tower, named after a British company that has leased 3 floors of office space in it. This company is a global insurance broker.

But King, erm, Mayor Daley is OK with all this, so I guess that makes it all good. (MAJOR sarcasm alert here...!)

1 comment:

  1. Nope, it will always be "Sears Tower"... sorry Mayor D, et al. No dice on the renaming deal. I'm surprised Chicago would sit still for that one. And good on you, J, for skipping the Marshal Fields takeover!

    ReplyDelete