"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Quilter's Home Magazine

So Vicki lent me some of these so I could decide if I liked it enough to subscribe. I've gotten pretty wary of quilting magazines lately, since they have all gone way downhill just in the time since I started quilting.

Well, my little sunflowers, I LOVE this magazine!! And I did subscribe. I can't wait to get my first issue!

It has good articles about books and tools. There are other kinds of articles, too! For example: "The 7 Deadly Sins: Quilter's Style" and "10 Ways To Keep It Hot Under Your Quilts" (yes, that means what you think it means)!! It also has recipes! There are 2-3 patterns in each edition, but unlike most magazines that publish patterns of quilts that are 10" squares slapped together and call them "new" and "fresh", the patterns in this one are pretty cool!

This magazine is very sarcastic! If that's not your thing, then don't subscribe. I was raised by the King and Queen of Sarcasm (does that make me the Princess?) so this doesn't bother me- it makes it even more appealing to me!

So run, don't walk, to the Quilter's Home website and sign up!

Noonish Update- Mark Lipinski is coming to one of my LQS in July, and Vicki got us signed up for an all day mystery quilt workshop with him! I am SO excited!

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous!!! He would be so much fun! I have also wondered just how umm.... festive he is in real life. I have loved this magazine since issue #2 (I missed #1). Have a wonderful time your highness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark certainly brings his own style to the quilting world. I'll be interested to see what you make from the magazine. I think your mystery day will be a hoot. Have fun!

    Ann :)

    ReplyDelete