"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What Kind Of Freak Am I?

So tomorrow evening I am going to International Quilt Festival in Rosemont, IL, which is arguably one of the biggest quilt shows in the world!! And what did I do tonight? That's right folks, I just ordered fabric online!!

I couldn't help it! Have you SEEN this collection? It's called Arcadia, and it's by Sanae for Moda. I am in love! And it was free shipping... and tax at Rosemont is like 10% or something obscene like that... oh, I can justify this all night if you make me!!

Here's the swatch sheet from Moda. Make sure to shield your keyboard from the drool!
http://www.unitednotions.com/fcc_arcadia.pdf

4 comments:

  1. You get to go! I do love that collection too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd go! I wish I could, I'd so play hookie from work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog. Thanks for a reminder that the show is this weekend. I have som much on my shedule, but I am going to see if I can make. BTW, I am in Sycamore, IL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're hilarious! Yes, it seems crazy, but I've been to Rosemont, and it's crazy overwhelming and who knows, maybe you wouldn't find the pieces of Arcadia you wanted? And then, if you did, you would have that extra weight to carry through the arena...

    Anything can be justified, my dear...

    ReplyDelete