"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Birthday Fun and Secret Sisters

Last night was the Christmas party at Tammy Tadd's. I was not able to go, unfortunately, because the weather was terrible! It was also the Secret Sister reveal. I was able to get there this morning after my hair appointment. I found that my Secret Sister was Sue... the same Sue that I have been Secret Sister for over the last month! TOO much fun!

As my final gift she got me a very pretty charm necklace, and an absolutely gorgeous, hand-painted (not by Sue) sunflower suncatcher! I love (LOVE!!) sunflowers. This suncatcher almost made me cry! I think I needed it's vibrance right now, with winter setting in. Here it is:


Isn't is gorgeous! The view behind it is out my kitchen window, and really emphasizes how bleak it is outside. Those sunflowers are going to see me through the winter, I am sure of it! I know I will be looking at them every chance I get, to bask in the colors and brightness. Thank you, Sue!

We all also got very nice gifts from Tammy. She is such a kind and generous woman. I am really glad I know her, and had the priviledge of working for her for a time!

Today is my birthday!! I am 30 today. YAY! Maybe now I can figure out what I want to be when I grow up...

Hubby is taking me out to dinner, along with my friends Vicki and Paige . I am so excited! I have their Christmas presents ready to take tonight, since I probably won't see them again until after the holiday... I feel a little like a Hobbit, giving gifts on my own birthday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment