"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, December 19, 2008

Tranquility Bistro

In my post titled "Interlude", I wrote about the Split Nine-patch quilt I found on another blog (and in many tutorials and free places after that!). Well, here's the finished top of the Bistro quilt...
It's a little wrinkly because it's been folded up! I need to get it pressed and loaded onto the GrandQuilter so I can have my snuggly couch quiltie! Hubby calls the couch quilts "quilties", after I told him I didn't want him to call them "blankies"! I think a quilt is so much more than just a blanket, don't you? I have a wonderfully soft dark brown flannel for the back of it!
I liked the pattern so much I made another one, out of the new "Tranquility" collection by Sandy Gervais for Moda! Here's the center of that one- I don't have the borders on yet:
Again, wrinkly, because it's been folded! I am working on bindings this week- and probably next- for gift quilts. After the New Year I plan to hit the quilting hard-core! I am signed up for 3 lock-ins and a retreat at Tammy Tadd's, all in January!
We got nearly a foot of snow today, but thankfully, no ice! I cleared the driveway after Hubby left to fight his way to work. He claims the roads "weren't that bad". I think he's nuts! It was practically a blizzard when he left for work this morning- I couldn't even see the house across the street because of the snow! But he's the kind that must get in to work come hell or high water, so there you are.
On a seriously bummed note, we aren't going to my cousin's wedding, because of the weather. I have their quilt all finished, so I guess I have to mail it now! I was really looking forward to going, but the weather forecast for the weekend is calling for more snow, and we decided it was wiser to just stay put. I hope they have a lovely day!

1 comment: