"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ugly Weather = Time To Quilt!

Once again we are having brutal and ugly weather. Ferocious winds, freezing rain, snow... it's really awful out there! Once again I am struck by how thankful I am to be able to work IN the home, and not have to leave it on a day like today!

So, I've been quilting! I have been looking at some stuff I have going on, and I think if I am diligent, I can post within the next 2 weeks pictures of SIX completed quilts!! 4 of them are gifts, so I can't post anything before I get them to their respective recipients. But how exciting! Six of them! I really want to make this goal now. What a boost it would be, going into the New Year having just finished so many projects!!

In other news, the esteemed governor of my state has been arrested and is in jail on Federal conspiracy and corruption charges. Lovely! He is alleged to have tried to "sell" the Senate seat he has to appoint a replacement for after it was left vacant by Barack Obama. I love Chicago and Illinois politics. The governor before him is actually in jail, convicted on... corruption charges! Such fine, upstanding men these are. A true example for future generations of Chicago politicians! Calls for resignations and impeachments are already flying fast and furious. It's going to be an interesting few days here in Illinois! I am curious to see what the future President-elect (he will not actually be the President-elect until after the January meeting of the Electoral College) has to say about all this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment