"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, December 1, 2008

Snowed In!

We got snow last night! Heavy, sticky snow. About 5 inches of it. Couple that with 35mph winds... and you know the rest! The roads were certainly a mess this morning! I was supposed to go to a lock-in at Tammy Tadd Designs, but there was no way. The snow was blowing across the roads so badly, making it seem as though they hadn't even been plowed. I hope the weather is nicer tomorrow!

I didn't do much. I straightened up my sewing room a little, and did some work on my hand embroidery project as I watched a movie. I also got a couple quilt labels stitched out with my embroidery machine. I am still trying to recover from the cold I came down with over Thanksgiving, so I tried to take it easy! I hate doing it, but in the past when I had a cold I would be up and going the instant I felt a little bit better. Then I relapsed and got sicker than I was before! So I am trying to just rest and relax during a cold until it goes away completely.

Tomorrow I am going to start pulling out and looking through all my 2009 challenge projects, to see what needs to be done to finish them up! I am really looking forward to it! It's good to finish up, instead of always starting new. It's really a great feeling, to finish projects! Besides, with the economy the way it is, I really want to just work with what I have, rather than buy new stuff all the time.

This is a bit of a catch-22, because I really want to support some of my local quilt shops. I am afraid that some of them might not survive the current economy. But food, clothing, heat, savings... all of these have to come first. I thank God every day that we do not owe on a mortgage, car payments, or credit card companies. How wise Hubby has been all these years, to insist that everything be paid for with cash- even the house and our cars! I confess I was not like him when I first moved here. I was more of the spend today, because tomorrow you may die type. But I have learned my lessons in the wisdom of saving in these past years of living with him. And now, while we are cutting back and saving money in case of a job loss, we really don't worry about where money will come from to pay for things.

OK, that's my deep thought for the day. I was just thinking today of how fortunate I was, that I did not have to work outside the home, and that going out on a day like today was an option for me! I am so thankful. And grateful. And that led to the above musings...

0 comments:

Post a Comment