"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, December 4, 2008

One Of Those Days

Yep, it's been one of those days. You know, the kind when it seems that everything is just a little bit harder than it should be? I am trying to finish a quilt I am making for my cousin and his wife-to-be (they get married the 20th of this month). It's a pretty easy quilt, and yet I keep making stupid mistakes! I have finally just walked away from it for a bit. Grr.

I did have one nice thing happen today. I got an order from Barnes and Noble in! I worked my membership, a sale, and a coupon to get the 7th Harry Potter audiobook for 50% off. So now I have 1, 2, 3, and 7! The 7th was the most expensive out of the remaining ones, so I got it. I'll get the other 3 eventually. I've been buying them about every other month.

I have fairly recently gotten into audiobooks, and I love them! I found a great website, too, where you can buy them, or you can become a member and get credits every month towards books. It's Audible.com. I can download them onto the computer and then into my i-Pod! They are great to listen to while sewing. I listen to them in the car, too, and even while I do housework!

I am listening to Pride and Prejudice right now. It's read (extremely well!) by Emilia Fox. If you've seen the 1995 BBC adaptation with Colin Firth, she played Georgianna Darcy. I plan to listen to Sense and Sensibility next. It's read by Susannah Harker. She played Jane Bennett in the above movie.

I used one of my credits to get a version of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. It's read by Jim Dale, the same man who reads the Harry Potter books. It's very good! And I am downloading my most recent purchase with my credits, the entire Civil War series by Shelby Foote. That is going to take a LONG time to listen to! I think I'll wait until January to start.

Well, I am off to cook dinner, and then get back to work on that quilt!

0 comments:

Post a Comment