"...for we put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, February 9, 2009

Bushfire Quilt Project

OK, so this is my third post of the day, but anyway...

I just found this group on Flickr, and I am so glad, since I have been aching to find a way to help those in Australia who have lost their homes and their loved ones. Check it out- it's so easy, making a few quilt blocks only takes a couple hours, and it's an APO address, so it won't cost a lot to send the blocks from the USA. The woman heading this is the wife of a US Army soldier stationed in Australia, and she is going assemble and quilt the blocks there.

I'll dig around in my stash and get going tonight!

PS- I guess this is catching on- I just saw that QuiltDad has posted about this, too!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a wonderful project. When the bush fires devastated Canberra, many quilt groups here is Australia collected fabrics, tools, thread, needles and the like to make packages for quilters so they could start rebuilding their stash or make some prokects/blocks as part of the renewal process. Tia quilts will be much needed as that area of Victoria can become quite cold.

    Cheers...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete